PRESS RELEASE NO. 263/17
DATE: MAY 29, 2017
Moving key people is a good strategy to increase flexibility and adaptability of an organization, according to the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA).
PDEA Director General Isidro S. Lapeña said that Agency has embraced the management principle of moving its pivotal officers around to continuously increase their interest level and motivation.
“The movement will harness the full potential of PDEA Officers, maximize their efficiency and productivity and at the same time maintain a well-balanced and fulfilling work life in public service,” Lapeña added.
The following PDEA key officers are designated effective May 22, 2017:
- Director Juvenal Azurin as Regional Director, PDEA Regional Office-Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (PDEA RO-ARMM);
- Director Bryan Babang as Superintendent, PDEA Academy;
- Director Gilbert Buenafe as Director, Special Enforcement Service (SES);
- Director Ismael Fajardo, Jr., as Regional Director, PDEA Regional Office III; and
- Director Aileen Lovitos as Regional Director, PDEA Regional Office XIII.
“These reassignments/designations went through the process of careful deliberation based on the officers’ competencies and field of expertise. This should be a development benefit for them as they are about to expose themselves to new knowledge, skills set, and perspective, including unfamiliar terrain and bringing along best practices and accumulated experiences in the regions,” Lapeña noted.
“PDEA is constantly on the move. These progressions are not sanctions imposed upon the Agency’s key officers because of incompetence, but rather an opportunity for professional growth,” the PDEA chief said.
# # #